Founded in 1895, Lake Geneva Country Club is located on the the south shore of beautiful Geneva Lake in southwestern Wisconsin.
Believed to be the oldest golf club in the Midwest still on its founding site, the original course architect was Robert Foulis, who grew up on the links at St. Andrews where his father was foreman of old Tom Morris' golf shop for 35 years. The clubhouse, rebuilt in 1915 after the original one was destroyed by fire, greets members and guests alike with its gracious, welcoming ambiance.
The Club Operates on a fair weather calendar, opening in early May with a Derby Day party and closing in late November, after Thanksgiving weekend. A family oriented club, all generations gather for July 4th festivities and spill their blankets over the lawn between the clubhouse and the 9th green to view the fireworks display. In midsummer the Annual Men's Golf Invitational is played. The event began in 1898, and is the oldest established consecutive invitational match-play tournament in the United States.
While golf is the main focus of the club, our members enjoy playing tennis on our Har-Tru courts, swimming or relaxing at our lakefront, and gathering with family and friends for our fish-fry and fine dining each Friday night. During the winter months, although the clubhouse is closed, many members utilize the Club's paddle tennis facility and go iceboating on the frozen waters of the lake.
Lake Geneva Country Club is home to numerous multi-generational families as well as many new families. From its beginning, it was to be a small, family club. A Tradition that continues today.